Each year the MIR Foundation awards academic scholarships worth $1,500 each to extraordinary students.
Scholarship Requirements and General Information
Who is eligible for the Academic Scholarships?
A high school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior who is:
- A student employed by an MIRA member company for at least six months as of January 1 OR
- A student whose parent is a full or part-time employee of an MIRA members company for at least one year as of January 1 OR
- An MIRA member customer and their children
Who is eligible for the Minority Scholarships?
- A high school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior
- Applicants must belong to one of the following ethnic groups to qualify for minority status: African-American,
- Hispanic, Asian, Native American, or Arab/Chaldean American
- Only one scholarship will be awarded per MIRA member company.
- Multiple Merit, Minority Merit, Financial Need Merit and Trade Merit scholarships will be awarded (of these, a minimum of 3 will be awarded to MIRA member customers).
- Applicants are eligible to win and receive a scholarship a maximum of two times.
- All applications MUST be completed and submitted with transcripts by March 31 to be considered for an academic scholarship.