Midwest Independent Retailers Foundation’s
Annual “High Five” Turkey Drive
November 21 & 22, 2019
Every year, the Midwest Independent Retailers Foundation Turkey Drive Committee pledges to put a turkey on the Thanksgiving table of more than 6,000 families throughout Michigan, Ohio and Illinois that may not otherwise enjoy this special meal.
Since 1980, the Midwest Independent Retailers Foundation and its members have provided thanksgiving turkeys to needy families and each year the list of charitable groups asking for turkeys grows. There are more requests than we could ever fill. We need your help!
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect, give thanks, and help those who are less fortunate. We are asking you to pitch in. A $300 donation to the Midwest Independent Retailers Foundation Turkey Drive will provide turkeys for 20 families. When you consider that each turkey serves about 12 people, that equals enough Thanksgiving turkey for 240 people. You can also donate food items (canned, boxed or bottled) or other products such as clothing or household items, above and beyond – or in lieu of – your monetary donation.
This is a charitable event and all donations are tax deductible! Please see your tax advisor for guidance on your specific tax situation. Receipt available upon request.
It is truly heartwarming to be a part of our Annual Turkey Drive. To donate, please click the link below or call MIRA at 1-800-666-6233.
High Five Turkey Drive Retail & Community Outreach
Help us raise money at your registers and give back to the charity of your choice!
Your business can generate a significant donation for Midwest Independent Retailers Foundation’s Annual High Five Turkey Drive by participating in our paper turkey program! Paper turkeys are a fun, simple way to raise funds while sending a message to your customers and the community that you care about feeding the hungry. Best of all, 100% of the money you raise will go toward purchasing turkeys for a charity of your choice!
Here’s how the paper turkey program works:
- Midwest Independent Retailers Foundation will send you a starter package which includes a poster to place in your store to raise awareness and turkey hand cut-outs.
- Place the paper turkeys at the register and have your cashiers encourage customers to buy a paper turkey for a suggested donation of $1, $5 or even $10.
- Every $15 you raise buys you one turkey towards your charity.
- The purchaser can sign the High Five paper turkey and we encourage you to display it prominently in the store. Paper turkeys can be displayed on walls, windows, or hung from the ceiling to generate maximum awareness.
- Program runs from September 1st – November 11th.
If your business is interested in selling the High Five Paper Turkeys to benefit the MIRA High Five Turkey Drive, please complete this form and fax to (248) 671-9610 or call MIRA at (800) 666-6233 and we will mail you a starter packet!
To make a donation without participating in the Turkey Hands Program, click here.