By Richard H. Austin // Michigan Office of Investigative Services
Effective October 4th, 2018, the Michigan Department of State will no longer accept fax copies or images of ASE certificates or test results. Any person using ASE credentials for State of Michigan mechanic certification or re-certification must follow the procedure outlined below.
- Login to your myASE account at https://www.ase.com/Home.aspx
- On the Certification Status page, navigate to “Certification” tab and then to “Current Status” subtab. Click on the “View Status Letter” link at the bottom of the page.
- On the ASE Status Letter page, click the “E-mail Status Letter” link below the ASE Certification Details chart.
- On the E-mail Certification Status page, enter ASE for the Recipient Name and
- Licensing@Michigan.govfor the Recipient E-mail Address. Click the “Submit” button.
- On the E-mail Certification Status Confirmation page, click on the “Continue” button.
- You are all done. This process will send an email to the Business Licensing Section that has an imbedded link allowing the Department of State to verify your credentials directly through ASE.
For more information, including a visual walkthrough, please visit our website at www.Michigan.gov/sos,follow the Automotive Related Businesses link to the Information for Mechanics page and click on the ASE Information link.