By Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
COVID-19 not only has physical and economic effects; it also impacts mental health. In the last few weeks alone, 63% of people surveyed said they were depressed, anxious or both, according to a McKinsey consumer survey.*
The following mental health care virtual options are available from the comforts of home:
- Free mental health hotlines. Share these phone numberswith your employees.
- In-network mental health telemedicine visits with cost shares waived for most common services like counseling or medication reviews. Available for groups with Blue Cross mental health benefits.
- Blue Cross Online VisitsSM offers virtual therapists and psychiatrists visits using a smart phone, tablet or computer. Available for groups that have this service with Blue Cross.
- Blue Cross® Virtual Well-Being offers free weekly webinars for you and your employees on a variety of topics to help cope with today’s unique challenges.
- Blue Cross® Health & Well-being online resources powered by WebMD** offers helpful articles, videos and a variety of well-being tools to support mental health.
May is Mental Health Awareness. Don’t miss the May 14 Blue Cross Master Class webinar, Destigmatizing Mental Health in Your Workforce. Also, see our Mental health awareness toolkit for resources you can share with your employees.
Reaching Those Who Need Care Most
Employees with underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. That’s why we’ve expanded the targeting criteria for our care management program, Blue Cross® Coordinated Care, to reach an additional 200,000 at-risk members nationwide. Here’s how our targeted outreach works:
- Identified members will receive a communication inviting them to join Blue Cross Coordinated Care through the BCBSM Coordinated Care app.
- Those who choose to join can use the app to chat with a nurse for clinical support through secured messaging, access COVID-19 related content and get real-time access to information to better manage their condition.
We’ve also expanded our reach to at-risk members who’ve recently visited an emergency room in Michigan. Our care management staff checks in on these members by phone and gives them information about helpful Blue Cross resources.
To get more information about Blue Cross Coordinated Care, click here.