Six beverage items, three snacks, and one tobacco product are included in SymphonyIRI Group’s list of the top new c-store items for the 13 weeks ending June 24, 2012.
Leading the way are two SKUs of AB InBev’s Bud Light Lime-A-Rita, which rolled out in April. Both 12-packs and 24-ounce cans of the margarita-flavored alcohol beverage saw sales of nearly $5.6 million in their first three months on shelves, nearly double the sales of the next closest new product, according to SymphonyIRI data provided to CSP Daily News by AB InBev. PepsiCo’s Gatorade also saw two SKUs on the list, while a Red Bull Zero line extension also made the list.
The top 10 new products in convenience stores and their dollar sales for the quarter:
- Bud Light Lime-A-Rita 12-pack–$5.56 million.
- Bud Light Lime-A-Rita 24 ounce–$5.55 million.
- Lipton Pureleaf Sweet Tea 18.5 ounce–$2.90 million.
- Gatorade Fierce Grape 28 ounce–$2.44 million.
- Copenhagen Southern Blend Snuff–$2.23 million.
- Gatorade Fierce Strawberry 28 ounce–$1.59 million.
- Ruffles Ultimate Sweet Smokin BBQ Potato Chips 2.5 ounce–$1.50 million.
- Red Bull Total Zero 33.6 ounce–$1.48 million.
- Hostess Strawberry Cupcake 5.6 ounce–$1.40.
- Tastykake Plain Cake Donut Frosted 3 ounce–$1.16 million.
SymphonyIRI Group’s data includes items sold in total U.S. convenience stores during the 13 weeks ending June 24, but did not sell during the prior 65 weeks. (CSP Daily News: www.cspnet.com)