MIRA is committed to making sure all members are protected, not only during their working years, but also into retirement.
The MIRA Member Insurance Program is brought to you by ACSIA Partners LLC (formerly known as LTC Financial Partners) in partnership with LifeSecure Insurance Company a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and is available for members, spouses/domestic partners and family.
Hospital Recovery and Accident Insurance provides cash benefits, regardless of any other insurance the claimant may have. Pair these with your medical plan to extend protection of your hard-earned wages and savings.
Long Term Care Insurance should be something you are seriously considering, especially if you are a middle-aged American. This coverage is in place to protect you where Medicare can’t. Long term care costs, like paying for care at home, assisted living facility or nursing home are extremely costly, and a Medicare plan alone won’t foot the bill.
Here are five reasons why you should, at the very least, consider this coverage:
1) Protect your nest egg Long Term Care Insurance is often purchased by people so they can protect their assets from the high costs of long term care. This coverage can even be useful in protecting your children’s inheritance. Instead of having to borrow from the equity you’ve gained on a home or have to take out a loan to pay for a nursing home, Long Term Care Insurance is there to protect you and your assets when you need it most.
Extend your medical coverage and help offset large deductibles and co-pays with Hospital Recovery Insurance and Accident Insurance!
2) You’re probably going to need it Not only is Long Term Care Insurance the only option to prepare for the high costs of long term care, but you’ll most likely need it. 40% of people receiving long-term care are working-age adults between the ages of 18-64.* About 70% of Americans over the age of 65 years will need long-term care services during their lifetime. By 2020, this number is expected to exceed 12 million.*
3) Accidents happen… 1 out of 8 Americans each year seeks medical care due to injuries**. When you’re recovering from a hospitalization, things like lost wages plus the cost for help with transportation, meals, child care or even housekeeping can all add up.
4) Avoid burdening family members Another significant advantage to Long Term Care Insurance is that family members won’t have to foot the cost of your care if you can’t afford it. Too often, children are forced to make tough financial decisions for their parents who need long term care.
5) Get peace of mind While you might purchase Long Term Care Insurance decades before you claim any benefits, at the very least, you are getting peace of mind throughout all those years. The stress of having to worry about how you pay for long term care costs is not worth it. Hospital Recovery and Accident Insurance provides cash benefits regardless of any other insurance you have.
To learn more about this insurance offering visit http://afpdbenefits.com or to schedule a free consultation with an ACSIA Partners Specialist call (877) 209-0519.
*National Clearing House for Long-Term Care Information, October 2008. **National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2011 Edition