Top 10 Craft Beer States
Craft beers are a booming business in the United States. Here is USA Today’s list of the top-10 states for craft beers.
- California: A state known for its wine making is also the top state for craft beers, boasting 268 craft breweries and counting
- Washington: With 136 craft breweries, the state is also home to the first American microbrewery, Yakima Brewing & Malting Co.
- Colorado: The home of Coors is also home to 130 craft breweries, as well as the annual Great American Beer Festival in Denver.
- Oregon: With 124 craft breweries, Portland visitors can find a Rogue Brewery right in the airport.
- Michigan: A state that’s quickly moving up the craft beer ladder and is now home to 102 craft breweries.
- Pennsylvania: German immigrants helped bring a love of good beer to the state, which is now home to 93 craft breweries.
- Wisconsin: The Major League Baseball team is called the Brewers, and the state is home to 75 craft breweries.
- New York: With 72 craft breweries, the state is full of hoppy libations.
- Texas: New microbreweries are popping up all over Austin, making the state a fast mover in the beer boom with 59 craft breweries.
- Illinois: Many of the state’s 54 craft breweries are located in the Chicago area.