Deadlines are approaching for Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) programs that are available to Ohio members through CareWorks Consultants (CCI), MIRA’s Third Party Administrator for Ohio workers’ compensation benefits.
- 100% EM Cap Program. The 100% Experience Modifier Cap is a program offered by BWC that limits the premium increase for employers from one year to the next. This can be the case when an employer becomes penalty rated and is removed from a group rating program. In essence, this program limits an employer’s EM% increase to no more than double the previous year’s EM percentage.
- Year 1: Employer must attend an industry-specific, half-day training program.
- Subsequent Years: Employer must attend an on-line training class.
Training must be completed by the end of March for the policy year of participation (a BWC policy year is July 1 – June 30).
- Drug-Free Safety Program. The Drug-Free Safety Program (DFSP) is a safety/loss prevention program offered by BWC. DFSP rewards employers for implementing a program designed to reduce the risk of workplace accidents and injuries attributed to the use of alcohol and other drugs. There is no limit to the number of years an employer can participate. July 1 start date application deadline: Last business day in April.
- Industry-Specific Safety Program. The Industry-Specific Safety Program (ISSP) was developed to encourage Ohio’s employers to use the many safety services and programs available through the BWC Division of Safety & Hygiene. The program’s goal is to raise awareness among employers and workers through the completion of an online safety assessment; provide year-round training and education opportunities; and provide tailored consultations that address safety issues in the workplace. Deadline for Private Employers: Last business day in April.
- Transitional Work Grant and Performance Bonus. The Transitional Work Bonus Program (TWBP) was developed to reward employers who use transitional work plans to facilitate early return to work for employees with workplace injuries. This program is available to eligible state-fund private employers and public employer taxing districts. July 1 – June 30 program period deadline: Last business day in April – Private employers only.
- One Claim Program. The One Claim Program (OCP) is designed by BWC to help employers who have lost group rating status because of one significant claim. The program can reduce their future premium payments by as much as 20% during the first year of participation. The safety requirement of the OCP must be completed by the last business day in April.
For questions about the deadlines for these programs, contact CareWorks Consultants (CCI) at (800) 837-3700.